Saturday, April 08, 2006
Camp Simpson Hiistory
Camp Simpson HistoryAcross the road from William Martin farm/ranch. The Blogmaster grew up there.
The late Rev. Harry Miller from Ada, OK, Scout Executive of the former Pontotoc Council, began Camp Simpson in the early 1930's as a small 120-acre camp on the present site. The Delaware Indians had been relocated there when Oklahoma was "Indian Territory". The creek that ran through the camp was named Delaware Creek, after the Delaware Indians who had previously occupied the site.